a journey a destiny...

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Not Succeed

A bit frustrated. Yeap, I let my car tuned at SHH for more than 24 hours just to install this small gadget called electronic boost controller and the result was not satisfying. Furthermore, my car didn't really accept this thing to pair together with my engine. To my knowledge, a boost controller (be it manual or electronic) suits all cars that run turbo applications (with a few exceptions which is minimal). Yet the thing was, my car is using a CVT gearbox that when the boost controller was installed and tuned, the knocking factor appeared in which whenever the acceleration pedal was set to full throttle, the RPM was automatically went down, like the boost was automatically (or maybe electronically) cut everything. Not just that, when the tuner, Mr Ohura set the gear to sequential mode, the result was also the same. This was done on their car dyno tester and also more than 3 times of roadtests..the result was soooooo lame!!! What to do, had to uninstall the set and get refunded. My friend said it could be a fuel cut or boost cut problem. Some cars have this secure cutting thing set from the factory, yet that is just an assumption though. Well, maybe I would test another boost controller with a manual set up instead of electronic and see if the problem appears the same. In the meantime, to maintain the performance of the car, an intake replacement kit will be just fine :) Buckle up!!


HKS EVC-S...a simple range from the EVC family

Labels: ,

posted by Lan13 at 2:38 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home