a journey a destiny...

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Filtercharger Unleashed

Got my car installed with K&N Filtercharger last 27/01/2010. I wasn't sure if we could install it ourselves due to lack of hydraulic rack for us to loose the cover underneath the engine for the air duct installation. So I went to Jun Fatt Jerudong and let Mr Angah decided if that was necessary enough to be installed. Well he said no. Um, okay..will install it someday though. It took me about an hour while waiting the air filter to be fitted nicely as been instructed on the diagrams provided. The outcome is quite promising; I can feel the torque increasing in certain RPM while the sound does change a bit due to the filter itself produces certain angry sound. That's typical for any aftermarket filter anyway. But when I read a site regarding the installation of this intake in my type of car, it loses horsepower, not until with an upgrade of a front mount intercooler and the filter is relocated to the front of the bumper. All in all, a dyno should be done someday but it's nice to have an intake system that is made for my car. At least it is meant to be a serious horspower tweak :)


Checking the engine carefully before doing the installation


Seemed simple but never judge it by theory coz pratically speaking, it was slightly not easy


Done. K&N Filtercharger on Colt Plus Turbo! Would like to upgrade the intake system with stainless steel someday :)

Labels: ,

posted by Lan13 at 12:18 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home