a journey a destiny...

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Death Magnetic

I first listen to Metallica in 1989 with the commencement song entitled Harvester Of Sorrow that was taken from the album ...And Justice For All. From that moment, I tried to scout their old materials and nowadays I do have 2 of their demos before Kill 'Em All ever recorded :) And everyone probably knows that the above title comes from Metallica newest album, ayte? I actually haven't got the space to listen to their tracks (I'll eventually get this album anyway) at the moment. My first listening was from the attached YouTube clip called "The Day That Never Comes". The oldschool Metallica used to have one long depressive song in each of their album (ie Sanitarium, One, Fade To Black..etc). To me, this song is a combination of all of those songs mentioned earlier. It's quite genuine classic Metallica influence mating with the St Anger era. Many listeners review that the song (including the album) is not as kick ass as their old materials (but many people agree it is far more better than the St Anger itself). As for me, hey, they are growing older. You can't expect James Hedfield to have a powerful voice like he was during Kill 'Em All or Master Of Puppets albums. The music itself is matured. I do hope this would bring the classic influences back in Death Magnetic. St Anger is just a prologue, thus I think they do know better how to classify their music nowadays.

Enjoy the video, it is extremely my Metallica musically!

Aslan (I'm still a rouge Thrash Metal Metallica fan dou)

Labels: ,

posted by Lan13 at 11:54 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home