a journey a destiny...

Monday, December 07, 2009

9 Horror Stories


Malaysia's horror movies? They're all hype and lame. Inspired too much of Korean/Japan horror sets and they're trying their best to be like 'em without seeing the rubbish they've made in the end. I disgust Malay horror movies since Mistik!

But...there is a but. When I read about Skrip 7707 somewhere in a Malaysian mag, it tickled me like to have a try on this one and the synopsis is a bit catchy to my interest. 9 horror stories in a single movie? Hmmm, it maybe worth a buy ey? In fact, if I'm not mistaken, this is the first time Prof. Madya A. Razak Mohaideen (an infamous Malaysia director who direct so many humor movies) directing a horror genre of movie. How good is he to jump on a bandwagon and trying a new thing that demands pure virtue without being selfishly labeled as another director wanted to do something sold out but he can't because he's only good for comedy movies only???

Honestly, I did like this movie!! 9 different stories with 9 different kind of scary scenes and with 9 horrific faces of death are fun enough to watch. Each scene has its originality that the mystery doesn't just end with 9 stories; infact it remains haunting your mind at the end of the plot too. Music backgrounds are also neatly done, not over exaggerating the scene itself...I personally like the music at the beginning of this movie. Quite beat-pumping actually.

I can't tell you the whole story, I don't want to be a spoiler too, lol. But to me, Skrip 7707 is safe to say as the beginning of a new era for Malaysia's own horror film industry coz if those guys wanna set their budgets on doing a ghost film, better have a nice-constructing script like this movie; non cheesy film quality and of course, a very good director like the Prof himself :D You might wanna try it but don't blame me if you still don't like it okay...hahaha.

Labels:

posted by Lan13 at 12:52 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home